High School Students
Be better prepared for life after high school and build real world experience in an industry you enjoy!
Southwest Iowa Workplace Connection connects students from school districts in Pottawattamie, Cass, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Page, and Shelby counties in SW Iowa with area business professionals who are interested in preparing our region’s future employees.
Virtual Job Spotlights
Southwest Iowa Workplace Connection is offering live, virtual Job Spotlights for area high school students to virtually explore local careers and gain valuable experience by hearing directly from an area business professional.
Job Spotlights are virtual, small group activities that allow students to connect with industry professionals. During the job spotlight, students will learn about the educational and career background of their session hosts, along with what a day on the job can entail. The spotlight will conclude with a Q&A portion.
- Age Range
- 9-12th grade students
- Time Commitment
- Typically 30-60 minutes
- How do I register for a Job Spotlight?
- Students can register by filling out the Job Spotlight Registration Form. Job Spotlight dates will be added throughout the fall semester.
Resources for High School Students
Tips & Tools
- Job Shadow Checklist
- Participation & Media Release Form
- Job Shadow Sample Student Questions
- How to Write a Thank You Note
- Student Survey