CPR for Health Care Provider
The purpose of this course is to instruct participants in emergency measures which may save the life of a person who has suffered a cardiac arrest or obstructed airway. Course follows the American Heart Association Guidelines.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the normal heart and lung anatomy and function
- Identify causes, prevention and recognition of sudden death
- Perform basic one-person, two-person, infant and child CPR
- Manage an obstructed airway in an adult, child and infant
- Know principles of defibrillation using an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Perform CPR using mask and bag valve mask
Students who successfully complete the course will be certified in Healthcare CPR by the American Heart Association.
This course is now offered in a convenient online format as an alternative method of certification. Online courses are perfect for those providers seeking re-certification or those students who find scheduling classes difficult. Complete the video and examination online then simply print off your certificate of completion and bring it in when you meet with an American heart instructor to demonstrate your skills. Scheduled the 1st Monday and 3rd Wednesday of each month. Fee $65.00
Submit registration form to email@example.com or fax to 712.325.3729.
Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider Certification
CPR Certification for the Healthcare Professional. Fee $60
For face-to-face classes you must come to Looft Hall, room 110, to register, pay, and pick up your book for the class