Industrial Technology Certificate
August - December 2020
FREE Education 2 Employment Tuition Assistance
Are you an Iowa resident? You may qualify for FREE tuition! Education 2 Employment provides FREE tuition assistance to residents of Iowa to grow their career skills and further their education. Contact Rachel Jensen at (712) 325-3268 or [email protected] to see if you're eligible for FREE tuition!
If you're not an Iowa resident or don't qualify for the Education 2 Employment program, you can apply to Iowa Western for enrollment as a credit student.
About the Program
The program prepares students to be employed as technicians in the fields of electrical
maintenance and production. The program is developed especially for the industry in
the development, installation and maintenance of complex industrial processes as well
as their electronic, controller, and computer devices. Graduates of this
program are awarded a certificate.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Follow safety practices and procedures for all tools and equipment with proper use of PPE.
- Describe types of work and workplace environments available and techniques needed to succeed within professional career fields.
- Build, analyze, and troubleshoot electrical circuits.
Program to Include
- Motors and Controls
- Technical Math
- Equipment Safety and Operation
- Circuit Analysis I
- Circuit Analysis l Lab
- Industrial Engineering Technology Orientation Explore career options for Automation, Robotics, Electronics, Sustainable Energy and Industrial careers. You are provided direction for choosing a field within these disciplines, learn problem-solving skills and develop an educational plan of study.
Career & Salary Information
Entry-level Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers pay is $16.07/hour. Industrial machinery mechanics and machinery maintenance workers play vital roles in the manufacturing process. These careers appeal to people with an interest in electronics, technology and maintaining and repairing industrial machinery. Industrial machinery mechanics and machinery maintenance workers repair and maintain industrial production and machinery systems.
Opportunities for advancement vary by specialty. The most highly skilled workers may be promoted to supervisor, master mechanic, or millwright.
Non-Credit to Credit
Graduates of this program are awarded college credit. Enter the workforce or continue on to many Diploma and A.A.S. programs:
- Industrial maintenance Technician Diploma
- Robotics/Automated Systems Technician Diploma
- Sustainable Entergy Technology A.A.S.
- Electronic Technology Diploma
- Photonics System Diploma