What Will You Become?
Iowa Western Community College

Loan Entrance and Exit Counseling

Federal Direct Loan student borrowers are required to complete Loan Entrance and Exit Counseling. These online counseling sessions provide useful tips and tools to help you develop a budget for managing your educational expenses and help you understand your student loan responsibilities. In order to complete Loan Entrance and Exit Counseling, you need to visit the Federal Student Aid web site at www.StudentLoans.gov.

Loan Entrance Counseling

Loan Entrance Counseling must be completed before a student’s loan can be processed and applied to his or her student account.  If you previously received a student loan at Iowa Western Community College, which means you have already completed Loan Entrance Counseling, you do not need to complete this step again.               

Exit Counseling

Exit Counseling must be completed when a student leaves Iowa Western Community College. Prior to completing Exit Counseling, you can check your financial aid record on the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), which is the U.S. Department of Education's central database for student aid, at www.nslds.ed.gov. You will need to have a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) to access the site. If you used an FSA ID to apply for federal financial aid, you should use that FSA ID for NSLDS access. If you have forgotten your FSA ID and need it reissued or if you need to obtain an FSA ID, you need go to www.fsaid.ed.gov.

If you have any problems completing the online counseling or have any questions, contact us at 712.325.3277 or FinancialAid@iwcc.edu.










Loan Entrance and Exit Counseling Code of Conduct
Master Promissory Note