Music Program - Application Checklist
In order to be eligible for admission to the Music program, students must complete the following eligibility requirements. Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the program is full.
- Meet with an Admissions Advisor in the Student Welcome Center located in Clark Hall.
- Complete an Application for Admission to Iowa Western Community College.
- Submit all official transcripts (high school and college).
- * Take a placement test: All new students need to complete a skills assessment test
called the COMPASS. If a student has taken the ASSET or ACT recently, he or she can
submit those scores in lieu of taking the COMPASS test. Students who have already
completed math and/or English for college credit, should check with an Admissions
Advisor before scheduling the COMPASS.
* Scores expire after two years. In order to be valid, scores cannot be more than two years old at the start of the term for which you have applied. Students who do not have valid test scores may schedule a time to take the COMPASS test by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling Enrollment Services at 800.432.5852 extension 3277 or 712.325.3277 (select option 5).
- Complete and pass an audition with the instrumental or vocal music department. A program audition form must be submitted to the Office of Admissions upon completion of the audition. Contact one of the following to schedule an audition:
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all admissions requirements are documented in the Office of Admissions.