Degree, Certificate or Diploma
About- The Industrial Technology Individualized Technical Program program of study is designed for currently employed students or students who have a specific career goal. Students are allowed an opportunity to adapt to an existing college program of study to their individual needs and career goals. The intent of this option is to craft a program of study that meets a specific technical career goal. Graduates of this program are awarded an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree.
Job Outlook- 1,473 Jobs (2020)
+6.0% Change from 2020-2025
Data is from the Omaha Metropolitans Area and the seven counties in Southwest Iowa that Iowa Western serves
What will you do
Students must develop a plan to advance their careers in an industrial technology industry; manufacturing, energy, transportation, or construtction. Academic plans should be made with employers, and faculty, with approval of the academic dean.
- Entry: $20.94
- Average: $26.62
- Experienced: $42.53
MAT 743 - Technical Math
ENG 110 - Writing For The Workplace
SPC 122 - Interpersonal Communication
MGT 195 - Workplace Empowerment
SOC 110 - Introduction to Sociology
Total Semester Hours Required: 61.0
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate technical skills to become employable.
- Evaluate information appropriately.
- Apply the principles of critical thinking to demonstrate integrative learning.
- Communicate effectively in written form.
- Develop continued learning strategies.
- Demonstrate basic math skills needed for employment in technical fields.