Iowa Western provides a variety of FREE academic support tools to help you be successful. Learn more about your opportunities below, including cyber library, tutoring, writing center, and disability services.
We understand that college isn’t the only thing you have going in your life and sometimes things happen that affect your daily life, including your ability to focus on school. That is why Iowa Western offers services that can help you overcome some of the challenges you may face.
Your advisor is the expert on campus to help you graduate with your desired degree. They can make sure you are on track to graduate with the correct coursework and assist in transfer and career planning. Keep in mind they may not have all of the answers but they are a resource to direct you where to find your answer.
Financial aid is one option for paying for your education. Last year about 80% of Iowa Western students received financial aid. The first step in the financial aid process is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Learn more about financial aid and the application process.
Campus Life hosts a wide variety of social and educational events every year. Some of our favorite events include ThinkFast Trivia, The Hook Up, and Jim Wand – Hypnotist! All Campus Life events are free for current Iowa Western students to attend; some may require a student ID.
Take a few steps onto our Council Bluffs campus and you’ll see why we’re different from other community colleges. Iowa Western offers a variety of residential facilities to: make you feel welcome and engaged in campus life, help broaden your personal experiences, and make it easier to meet other students. Living on campus gives you a better connection to the campus community, which can strengthen your commitment to academic success.
The Dr. John & Jean Marshall Wellness Center is a fitness facility on the Council Bluffs campus that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle. By providing programs, services, and facilities that emphasize overall wellbeing, we hope to make it easier for Reivers to create the very best version of themselves.
The latest updates, news, and information about the Dr. John & Jean Marshall Wellness Center can be found by clicking the button below.
- Intramural & Recreational Sports
- Basketball, Flag Football, Volleyball, Soccer, Softball. Dodgeball and others
- Group Fitness classes
- Yoga, Pilates, mindfulness, HIIT, Mixed Fit, and dance formats
- Personal & Small Group Training
- Wellness Programs
- Nutrition, sleep, stress-management, community, resilience
- Equipment check-out and rental is available at the front desk.
- Day Use Lockers are available. Please bring your own lock.
- Towel Service – workout towels and shower towels are provided.
- The Fitness Room
- state-of-the-art cardio and strength equipment, dumbbells, half racks and plate loaded weight machines.
- The Group Exercise Room
- group fitness and yoga classes.
- The Cardio Loft
- cardio machines, selector weight machines and functional space and equipment.
- The Hard Courts
- two full-sized courts for basketball, volleyball, badminton and pickleball and a host of other games and activities.
- The 80-Yard Indoor Turf Field house
- space for Iowa Western athletic teams during the day and drop-in play for students in the evening. Intramurals also take place here.
Front Desk: (712) 325-3260