Iowa Western provides a variety of FREE academic support tools to help you be successful. Learn more about your opportunities below, including the cyber library, tutoring, writing center, and accommodation services.
Your advisor is the expert on campus to help you graduate with your desired degree. They can make sure you are on track to graduate with the correct coursework and assist in transfer and career planning. Keep in mind they may not have all of the answers but they are a resource to direct you where to find your answer.
Financial aid is one option for paying for your education. Last year about 80% of Iowa Western students received financial aid. The first step in the financial aid process is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Learn more about financial aid and the application process.
Campus Life hosts a wide variety of social and educational events every year. Some of our favorite events include ThinkFast Trivia, The Hook Up, and Jim Wand – Hypnotist! All Campus Life events are free for current Iowa Western students to attend; some may require a student ID.
Take a few steps onto our Council Bluffs campus and you’ll see why we’re different from other community colleges. Iowa Western offers a variety of residential facilities to: make you feel welcome and engaged in campus life, help broaden your personal experiences, and make it easier to meet other students. Living on campus gives you a better connection to the campus community, which can strengthen your commitment to academic success.
Student Account Information
All students, faculty, and staff at Iowa Western Community College use one account to log into campus computers, ROC (Reiver Online Campus), and email.
Important Information Regarding Your Account
- Student account usernames: The first letter of first name + last name + last 3 digits of their student ID number + @iwcc.edu (ie. email@example.com).
- Initial password: For students are set to iowawestern + last 6 digits of their social security number (ie. iowawestern123456).
- Please note: If you did not provide the college with a Social Security Number, your initial password is iowawestern + 7-digit Student ID number. (ie: iowawestern0123456)
- New Passwords:
- Must contain 15 characters or more
- You may use any combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- You may not use your name or any previous password
New accounts must be activated by setting a new password prior to logging into ROC. Accounts may be activated online by using the link below, or by logging into any computer on campus. New student accounts will be ready for activation the day following the student’s initial registration date.
In addition to activating your IWCC account, you may also use this website to change an existing or expired password or to have your password reset, if you don’t know your current password.
Activate My Account / Change My IWCC Password (NOTE: This link will take you to a Microsoft Page.)
If you have never logged in to an IWCC system, or if you would like to change your password, use this link (NOTE: After you change your password, you will be taken to A Microsoft Profile page. Simply log out and close your browser.)
Reset My IWCC Password
Use this form if you do NOT know your current IWCC password and would like to reset it.
Dr. John & Jean Marshall Wellness Center
The Marshall Wellness Center is a fitness facility on the Council Bluffs campus that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle. By providing programs, services, and facilities that emphasize overall wellbeing, we hope to make it easier for Reivers to create the very best version of themselves.
For the latest updates, news, and information about the Marshall Wellness Center:
- Intramural & Recreational Sports
- Basketball, Flag Football, Volleyball, Soccer, Softball. Dodgeball and others
- Group Fitness classes
- Yoga, Pilates, mindfulness, HIIT, Mixed Fit, and dance formats
- Personal & Small Group Training
- Wellness Programs
- Nutrition, sleep, stress-management, community, resilience
- Equipment check-out and rental is available at the front desk.
- Day Use Lockers are available. Please bring your own lock.
- Towel Service – workout towels and shower towels are provided.
- The Fitness Room
- state-of-the-art cardio and strength equipment, dumbbells, half racks and plate loaded weight machines.
- The Group Exercise Room
- group fitness and yoga classes.
- The Cardio Loft
- cardio machines, selector weight machines and functional space and equipment.
- The Hard Courts
- two full-sized courts for basketball, volleyball, badminton and pickleball and a host of other games and activities.
- The 80-Yard Indoor Turf Field house
- space for Iowa Western athletic teams during the day and drop-in play for students in the evening. Intramurals also take place here.
Front Desk: (712) 325-3260