Iowa Western Campus Security has officers available 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
- Respond to Campus Emergencies
- Escort to and from vehicles.
- Campus Security responds to all types of public safety emergencies as well as escort individuals who may feel uncomfortable walking or riding alone.
Report a Crime or Campus Emergency
In the case of an emergency requiring a rescue response,
- Call 911
- Report Emergency to Campus Security
- Text or Call: 402-659-4939
- or 8000 from any campus phone
- Emergencies that occur in Residence Life should also be reported to Residence Life staff by contacting the appropriate facility front desk:
Reporting an emergency to campus security will ensure that emergency responders will be directed to the correct location when they arrive on campus.
Off duty Council Bluffs Police Officers are hired to work evening and early morning hours in campus housing and are contracted for other special campus events and activities. Council Bluffs Police Officers are in uniform, have jurisdiction on campus, carry weapons, and have arrest authority. IWCC maintains a highly professional working relationship with the Council Bluffs Police Department, Pottawattamie County Sheriffs Office, and all other local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. All crime victims and witnesses are strongly encouraged to immediately report the crime to Campus Security and the appropriate Police agency.
Notice of Emergencies to Students and Staff
Students will be notified of emergencies like tornadoes or fire by campus-wide alarm sirens. Other emergencies affecting students may be communicated through Reiver Alert, ROC, campus television monitors, bulletin board postings, or through communication from faculty, staff, or Residence Life personnel.
Reiver Alert (WENS – Wireless Emergency Notification System) is to be used principally for events that are deemed to be true emergencies but will also provide information about weather-related class cancellations or closings. Alerts are sent either by *text message or email notification, or both.
*The WENS service is free to all staff and students, data rates may apply to text messaging or email use on mobile devices with data plans.