Records and Registration

Located in Clark Hall, the Records and Registration office works to maintain the quality, accuracy, safekeeping, and confidentiality of all academic records. This office also manages class registration, posting of final grades, official degree audits, and the official graduation process.

Annual Notice To Students

Annually, Iowa Western Community College informs students of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 as amended. This Act, with which the institution intends to comply fully, was designed to protect the privacy of education records to establish the right of students to inspect and review their education records, and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate or misleading data through informal and formal hearings. Students also have the right to file complaints with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Office (FERPA) concerning alleged failures by the institution for compliance with the provision of the Act. Questions concerning the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act may be referred to the Records and Registration Office located in the Welcome Center in Clark Hall.

Transcript Request

Transcripts may be requested electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse which allows you to order official transcripts via the Web at any time, 24/7. Official transcripts can be delivered electronically in as little as one hour from when you place your order.

You can order as many transcripts as you like in one online session using any major credit or debit card. An electronic copy is $2.90 and a paper copy through the mail is $3.90. Real-time email and mobile text alerts keep you up-to-date on the status of your order.  You can also track your order on the Transcript Order Status site.

  • Transcripts will not be released until all financial and other obligations with the college have been met and the student is in good standing.
  • If you were enrolled prior to 1984, it may take longer to process your request. Requests will normally be processed within three business days. However, a longer period of time may be required for processing at the end of each semester and during peak registration periods.
  • Some institutions will not accept transcripts that have been in the student’s possession. If this is the case, be sure the transcript is sent directly to the institution.

Additional Questions?

Need to Send a Transcript?

If you would like to transfer in credits from another institution, please send your official transcripts to:

Iowa Western Community College
Office of Admissions
2700 College Rd
Council Bluffs, IA  51503

If you are using an electronic transcript service, send to: