College is a place where you learn and grow. Part of that process is using your available resources to assist you in getting where you need to be. Your academic performance is important because it affects your eligibility for graduation and financial aid.
That is why Iowa Western provides a variety of academic supports to help you meet your educational goals. All of these services are available to you for FREE! They are all conveniently located in the Academic Resource Center on the 2nd Floor of our Student Center.
Our library is a Cyber Library. What is a Cyber Library? A Cyber Library is a library with all books, journals, articles, and media available through the internet. That’s right… we have no books in our library, just computers! We also have:
- 24/7 access to books, journal articles, and other resources
- FREE black and white printing
- Laptop checkout for on and off-campus students
- Individual and group study rooms
- Help with research, formatting, and citations
For more information on our Cyber Library, email email@example.com. If you are a current student that needs to access the library database or more information, visit the Cyber Library page in ROC.
We offer FREE peer, professional, and online tutoring to all of our students.
- Peer tutoring covers a variety of subjects, such as math, science, and speech to name a few of our most popular subjects.
- A professional tutor is available for Statistics, Intermediate Algebra, and College Algebra.
- Online tutoring is available through ThinkingStorm.
- You can also get tips on note-taking, studying, test-taking, time management, and organization.
For more information on our Tutoring services, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a current student, you can find the tutoring schedules and more information on the Tutoring page in ROC.
Writing papers is a big part of college and is challenging for many students. Our professional writing consultant can provide you with guidance and resources at any phase of the writing process including, but not limited to:
- Understanding writing assignments
- Thesis development
For more information on our Writing Center, email email@example.com. If you are a current student, you can schedule an appointment or learn more on the Writing Center page in ROC.
If you have used an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan, or have a documented disability, you could qualify for accommodations through Accommodation Services. One big change from high school to college is that you must reach out to Accommodation Services in order to set up accommodations. Here is our simple, three-step process for receiving accommodations.
- Fill out the Accommodation Request Form to let us learn a little bit about you and what accommodations you are requesting.
- Provide documentation of your disability. Acceptable documentation includes a recent IEP or 504 Plan, letter from a licensed mental health practitioner or medical provider on letterhead, or documentation from Veteran’s Affairs. Please send your documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (712) 388-6850.
- Schedule an intake appointment with the Accommodation Services Coordinator to go over your documentation and establish which accommodations will help you be successful at Iowa Western. To schedule an intake appointment, click here or call (712) 325-3299.
For questions about Accommodation Services, email email@example.com . If you are a current student, see the Accommodation Services page in ROC for more information.
TRIO/SSS at Iowa Western is a federal grant program that provides services to 175 eligible students for FREE!
TRIO/SSS staff support participants both inside and outside the classroom to help students achieve academic success, graduate from Iowa Western Community College, and transfer to a 4-year institution of his/her/their choice to complete a Bachelor’s degree. A variety of FREE services are provided to assist students including but not limited to:
- Hands on Advising
- Professional Academic Tutoring
- Skill Building Workshops
- Financial Literacy
- Career and Transfer Planning
- Cultural Diversity
- Peer Mentors
- TRIO/SSS Living Learning Community (LLC)