The College Early Start Program is a way to provide students with a highly supportive initial college experience before graduating high school. College Early Start (CES) is designed to give high school students the platform to explore career options and a variety of classes. This creates academic momentum and a less stressful transition to the college environment. If desired, a student can enroll in a certification path so when they graduate from high school, the student will have a diploma and a certificate in the field they choose, thereby giving students an advanced enrollment standing upon entering college as a degree-seeking student.
To apply for the CES program, talk with your high school counselor.
Graduate with a certificate while in high school.
- Agribusiness – Council Bluffs
- Automotive – Council Bluffs
- Nursing: Advanced Nursing Assistant Certificate – Shelby County Center
- Nurse Aide Certificate – Council Bluffs, Clarinda, and Cass County Center
- Computer-Aided Design Certificate – Atlantic Center
- Construction – Council Bluffs
- Culinary Arts: Food Technician – Council Bluffs
- Diesel – Council Bluffs
- Industrial Technician – Council Bluffs
- Industrial Technology Certificate – Clarinda & Shelby County Center
- Welding – Council Bluffs & Clarinda
For a full list of our programs, including certificate pathways and course descriptions along with course prerequisites, see our College Catalog.
Using the credit you have earned at Iowa Western, contact our Admissions Office to see how those credits can be used towards your degree.
Planning on enrolling at another college or university, want to know what credits will transfer?
More credit transfer and transcript information.