Degree, Certificate or Diploma
1,473 Jobs (2020)
+6.0% Change from 2020-2025
Data is from the Omaha Metropolitans Area, and the seven counties in Southwest Iowa that Iowa Western serves
What will you do
Industrial Technicians are skilled mechanics that install, repair and maintain industrial machinery. They usually work in manufacturing plants or small factories where they ensure the smooth running of in-house production equipment. Industrial Technicians utilize advanced mechanical knowledge of industrial machinery, excellent troubleshooting skills, and good time-management skills in their job. Industrial Technician boosts production by ensuring all production equipment functions correctly and receives regular maintenance.
- Entry: $20.94
- Average: $26.62
- Experienced: $42.53
Career Coach - find a job with this degree
ELT 215 - Motors and Controls
ELT 196 - Circuit Analysis I
IND 109 - Equipment Safety and Operation
IND 197 - Industrial Engineering Technology Orientation
MAT 743 - Technical Math
ELT 250 - Programmable Logic Controllers
ELT 251 - Programmable Logic Controllers Lab
MFG 145 - Light Machining for Maintenance Trades
WEL 149 - Arc Welding
WTT 143 - Mechanical Power Transmission
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Follow safety practices and procedures for all tools and equipment with proper use of PPE.
- Describe types of work and workplace environments available and techniques needed to succeed within professional career fields.
- Build, analyze, and troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Install, wire, program, and troubleshoot based PLCs and associated equipment.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in Welding.
- Compare, analyze and apply problem solving techniques with various power transmission systems.
- Interpret prints, layout and safely operate variety of manual machines.
- Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database