Information and Updates
The Iowa Western administration and the emergency management team have been working diligently to create and maintain a safe environment for staff and students.
- Social distancing must be practiced when visiting Campus.
- Face coverings must be worn in all campus buildings. If you do not have a mask, you may not be permitted to enter.
- To minimize the number of people coming to campus, we ask that students only bring one guest (parent/guardian, friend, family). This allows us to assist you better, keep everyone safe, and maintain social distancing in the Welcome Center.
Iowa Western’s Cabinet and Board of Trustees is consulting with federal, state and local health officials and system leaders. This group is tasked with evaluating the situation as it evolves. Questions or concerns can be submitted to email@example.com. Call 325-3277 for enrollment information or to schedule a visit.
COVID-19 and What To Expect This Spring
To protect our Reiver family, the following safety measures will be in place:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, have been exposed to COVID-19, or have the following symptoms: fever of 100.4 or higher, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath. Contact your doctor for guidance and do not return to campus for 10 days and no longer have symptoms.
- If you are not feeling well, have tested positive, or been in contact with someone who has tested positive, submit a COVID 19 Form to notify Iowa Western.
- Face coverings are required in all campus buildings. Face coverings must cover both the nose and mouth and must remain on the entire time you are in these areas.
- Practice social distancing campus-wide. When possible, please keep 6 feet between you and others.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all building entrances.
The campus will enforce strict sanitizing efforts to keep our campus safe.
The safety of students residing on campus is of vital importance. Modifying previous norms and promoting behaviors that reduce the spread of the virus is critical to our residential population.
- Lounge and lobby areas will have furniture spaced out to allow for social distancing.
- Computer labs, laundry rooms, gaming areas, elevators, lounges, and lobby areas will have a limited number of residents at any given time.
- Increased sanitation and of the facility will take place.
Quarantine and Isolation Spaces
Quarantine and isolation spaces are critical in the event of positive cases on campus. Several areas in Reiver Village, Reiver Suites I, and Reiver Suites II have been designated as quarantine/isolation spaces for residents who have contracted the virus. Quarantine procedures will be available to residents who are exposed, test positive, or showing symptoms. Failure to comply with quarantine procedures may result in the cancellation of your housing contract.
General Information COVID-19
Learn what you can about COVID-19 and its symptoms from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Community Mitigation Strategy
- Coronavirus Facts
- Pottawattamie County Covid-19 Information Website
- Iowa Department of Public Health
Disinfect and practice proper hygiene
Get into the habit of washing your hands thoroughly and consistently after bathroom breaks or contact with high-touch items such as doorknobs. Avoid close contact with any people showing signs of respiratory illness; maintain at least a 6-foot distance.
If you feel sick
Contact your health provider Learn what you can about COVID-19 and its symptoms from the Centers for Disease Control. During this period, members of the Iowa Western community should be more cautious than usual. You should stay home if you have symptoms (coughing, fever, shortness of breath). If you feel sick after coming to campus, return home immediately and take steps to make sure you do not infect others.
CARES Act Update
- HEERF Student Aid Report (05/08/2020)
- HEERF Student Aid Report (07/08/2020)
- HEERF Quarterly Budge and Expenditure Report (9/30/2020)
- HEERF Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report (09/30/2020, revised 01/08/21)
- HEERF Student Aid Report (10/10/2020) Final
- HEERF Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report (12/31/2020)
- HEERF Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report (09/30/2020, revised 04/09/21)
- HEERF Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report (12/31/2020, revised 04/09/21)
- HEERF Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report (03/31/21)