Information and Updates
The Iowa Western administration and the emergency management team have been working diligently to create and maintain a safe environment for staff and students.
Wearing face coverings, sanitizing hands upon entrance, and practicing social distancing are all encouraged. If you have tested positive to COVID-19 or have symptoms including, but not limited to: fever of 100.4, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste or smell, you are not permitted on campus or centers.
Iowa Western’s Cabinet and Board of Trustees is consulting with federal, state, and local health officials and system leaders. This group is tasked with evaluating the situation as it evolves. Questions or concerns can be submitted to email@example.com. Call 325-3277 for enrollment information or to schedule a visit.
- COVID 19 Recovery Guide – August 18, 2021
COVID-19 and What To Expect
To protect our Reiver family, the following safety measures will be in place:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, have been exposed to COVID-19, or have the following symptoms: fever of 100.4 or higher, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath.
- If you are not feeling well, have tested positive, or been in contact with someone who has tested positive, submit a COVID 19 Form to notify Iowa Western.
- Face coverings are encouraged.
- Social distancing on campus is encouraged.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all building entrances.
The campus will enforce strict sanitizing efforts to keep our campus safe.
Residence Life, Quarantine and Isolation Spaces
The safety of students residing on campus is of vital importance. Modifying previous norms and promoting behaviors that reduce the spread of the virus is critical to our residential population.
Quarantine and isolation spaces are critical in the event we need to quarantine or isolate our residents. Several areas have been designated as quarantine/isolation spaces for residents who need to quarantine or isolate. Quarantine and isolation procedures are available to residents who are close contacts to a positive, showing symptoms, or test positive to COVID-19. Failure to comply with quarantine and isolation procedures may result in the cancellation of your housing contract.
General Information COVID-19
Learn what you can about COVID-19 and its symptoms from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Community Mitigation Strategy
- Coronavirus Facts
- Pottawattamie County Covid-19 Information Website
- Iowa Department of Public Health
Disinfect and practice proper hygiene
Get into the habit of washing your hands thoroughly and consistently after bathroom breaks or contact with high-touch items such as doorknobs. Avoid close contact with any people showing signs of respiratory illness; maintain at least a 6-foot distance.
If you feel sick
Contact your health provider Learn what you can about COVID-19 and its symptoms from the Centers for Disease Control. During this period, members of the Iowa Western community should be more cautious than usual. You should stay home if you have symptoms (coughing, fever, shortness of breath). If you feel sick after coming to campus, return home immediately and take steps to make sure you do not infect others.
Consolidated HEERF Updates (HEERF I, II, III)
- HEERF I, II, III QBER – quarter ending 9/30/20
- HEERF I, II, III QBER – quarter ending 12/31/20
- HEERF I, II, III QBER – quarter ending 3/31/21
- HEERF I, II, III QBER – quarter ending 6/30/21
- HEERF I, II, III Student Aid Report – quarter ending 3/31/21
- HEERF I, II, III Student Aid Report – quarter ending 6/30/21
CARES Act (HEERF I) Updates
- HEERF I Student Aid Report (05/08/2020)
- HEERF I Student Aid Report (07/08/2020)
- HEERF I Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report (9/30/2020)
- HEERF I Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report (09/30/2020, revised 01/08/21)
- HEERF I Student Aid Report (10/10/2020) Final
- HEERF I Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report (12/31/2020)
- HEERF I Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report (09/30/2020, revised 04/09/21)
- HEERF I Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report (12/31/2020, revised 04/09/21)
- HEERF I Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report (03/31/21)