Iowa Western Community College strives to make a positive difference in people’s lives through accessible and excellent educational programs and services. Iowa Western and the Iowa Western Foundation support this by working to assist students with access to scholarship sources. IWCC has many scholarship opportunities available for new and continuing students. Each year, the Iowa Western Foundation awards over 400 scholarships totaling over $375,000.
Upon completion of the scholarship application, students will be considered for all available scholarships. Applications remain on file for one academic year. All scholarship recipients must be a high school graduate or have completed a HiSET (GED).
- Application for Spring 2024 awards (Spring only awards):
- Application opens September 1, 2023 (by midnight CST)
- Deadline is November 15, 2023 (by midnight CST)
- Application for Fall 2024/Spring 2025:
- Application opens November 20, 2023
- Priority Deadline: February 1, 2024 (by midnight CST)
- Presidential Scholarship Deadline: February 1, 2024 (by midnight CST)
- FINAL Deadline: April 10, 2024 (by midnight CST)
Iowa Western Presidential Scholarship Awards
The Presidential Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship awarded by the College. This scholarship will pay up to $2,500 per semester and is a full two-year conditional award valued at $10,000.
Application: Applicants must be freshmen, enrolling directly from high school, and have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher.
Selections will be based on academic excellence, extracurricular achievements, and leadership. The final candidates will be required to interview with the President.
Benefits: Recipients of this scholarship will have the opportunity to meet leaders from business and civic groups who are employees, alumni, and friends of Iowa Western. These contacts prove valuable as students continue their education and seek employment after completing their education. Recipients will have the opportunity to develop people skills and build on their leadership potential.
Conditions: The recipient must:
- Maintain a 3.5 GPA while at IWCC.
- Assist the President of Iowa Western in hosting alumni functions, fundraising, and other College events.
- Maintain “good standing” as a student at Iowa Western at all times.
- Reside in on-campus housing or at home with parents.
To apply for the Iowa Western Presidential Scholarship Award, please complete the universal scholarship application (link above) AND indicate you wish to be considered for the Iowa Western Presidential Scholarship.
Future Ready Iowa
Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship
The Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship is a state program that helps Iowa residents earn certificates, diplomas, or associate degrees in one of Iowa’s high-demand career fields. The Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship will cover any tuition and fees that aren’t covered by federal and state grants/scholarships, ex: Pell Grants, SEOG, Kibbie, etc. If you aren’t eligible for federal or state grants, you could still qualify for the Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship. Either way, your tuition is completely paid for!
Outside Private Scholarships
External scholarships beyond the control of Iowa Western are plentiful. You will find the following links very helpful in your search.