Degree, Certificate or Diploma
The Agribusiness Technology: Agronomy Operations Certificate program of study provides students with the opportunity to develop skills, abilities, and an understanding of the agronomic aspects of production agriculture. Careers in production agriculture and agronomy operations can be pursued. Students are provided with classroom instruction, lab, and field experience. Graduates of this program are awarded a certificate
2,865 Jobs (2020)
-1.6% change from 2020-2025
Data is from the Omaha Metropolitans Area, and the seven counties in Southwest Iowa that Iowa Western serves
What will you do
This program is intended for students who wish to enter the workforce upon completion of the certificate. Graduates are able to pursue career opportunities in agriculture production, and agronomy-related sales, service, and supply industries.
Entry Level: $15/hr
(wages can vary considerably depending on chosen career)
|AGA 181 - Introduction to Crop Science||3.0 Credit(s)|
|AGP 333 - Precision Farming Systems||3.0 Credit(s)|
|AGA 284 - Pesticide Application Certification||3.0 Credit(s)|
Semester Total: 9.0 Credits
|AGA 376 - Integrated Pest Management||3.0 Credit(s)|
|AGA 280 - Crop Development, Production, and Management||3.0 Credit(s)|
Semester Total: 6.0 Credits
|AGB 804 - Agricultural Internship I||3.0 Credit(s)|
Semester Total: 3.0 Credits
Total Semester Hours Required: 18.0
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Operate current technology used in production agriculture and the agriculture service industries.
- Identify the plant morphology of common Midwestern crop and weed species.
- Categorize soil, plant, and climatic factors that influence plant growth and development.
- Identify, handle, mix and apply various agricultural chemicals.
- A.A and A.S. Degree Programs: provide students a general education core in... (HLC)