Degree, Certificate or Diploma
- The use of smart boards
- State-of-the-art technology
- A totally wireless campus
- A smaller class size for more individual attention
12,781 Jobs (2020)
+3.0% Change from 2020-2025
Data is from the Omaha Metropolitans Area, and the seven counties in Southwest Iowa that Iowa Western serves
What will you do
This program is designed to place students into the workforce upon completion of this two-year degree. This program will prepare students for entry-level jobs as software programmers and web programmers. In addition, because the skills learned in this program of study are applicable in many facets of the business world, students can find job opportunities in many different career fields as well.
- Entry: $27.46
- Average: $39.89
- Experienced: $70.93
Career Coach - find a job with this degree
CSC 114 - Introduction to Information Technology
CIS 207 - Fundamentals of Web Programming
CIS 127 - Introduction to Programming
CSC 121 - Operating Systems
NET 142 - Network Essentials
CIS 171 - Java
CIS 213 - Advanced Client Side Scripting
CIS 134 - Web Design
CIS 332 - Database and SQL
SPC 122 - Interpersonal Communication
NET 612 - Fundamentals of Network Security
CIS 215 - Server Side Web Programming
CIS 175 - Java II
CIS 139 - Programming I
ENG 110 - Writing For The Workplace
MGT 195 - Workplace Empowerment
CIS 780 - Computer Projects
NET 810 - Computer Internship
CIS 187 - ASP.NET MVC with C#
CIS 158 - Web e-Business
MAT 743 - Technical Math
Total Semester Hours Required: 66.0
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate use of analytical and problem solving skills for application programs.
- Demonstrate use of analytical and problem solving skills for web development.
- Design, create and maintain a relational database system.
- Create and develop interactive web pages.
- Effectively interact with users to determine requirements.
- Construct applications with database connectivity for various platforms.
- Design and illustrate a computer network.
- Evaluate systems and project management.
- Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database
- A.A and A.S. Degree Programs: provide students a general education core in... (HLC)