Degree, Certificate or Diploma
12,781 Jobs (2020)
+3.0% Change from 2020-2025
Data is from the Omaha Metropolitans Area, and the seven counties in Southwest Iowa that Iowa Western serves
What will you do
The Computers: Programming Certificate program of study is designed to place students into the workforce after completion of the two-semester certificate. The certificate program prepares students for entry-level careers as computer programmers. Graduates of this program who wish to earn an advanced degree and prepare for higher level jobs should continue on to complete the Computers: Application and Web Programming program of study.
- Entry: $27.46
- Average: $39.89
- Experienced: $70.93
Career Coach - find a job with this degree
CSC 114 - Introduction to Information Technology
CIS 207 - Fundamentals of Web Programming
CIS 171 - Java
CSC 121 - Operating Systems
SPC 122 - Interpersonal Communication
CIS 213 - Advanced Client Side Scripting
CIS 134 - Web Design
CIS 139 - Programming I
NET 142 - Network Essentials
CIS 332 - Database and SQL
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate use of analytical and problem solving skills for application programs.
- Demonstrate use of analytical and problem solving skills for web development.
- Design, create and maintain a relational database system.
- Create and develop interactive web pages.
- Effectively interact with users to determine requirements.
- Construct applications with database connectivity for various platforms.
- Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database