Degree, Certificate or Diploma
9,241 Jobs (2020)
+2.7% Change from 2020-2025
Data is from the Omaha Metropolitans Area, and the seven counties in Southwest Iowa that Iowa Western serves
What will you do
The Computers: System Administration Certificate program is designed to place students directly into the workforce upon completion of the two-semester certificate. The certificate program prepares students for entry-level careers in information technology maintaining network operating systems. Graduates of this program who wish to earn an advanced degree and prepare for higher level jobs should continue on to complete the Computers: Network and System Administration program.
- Entry: $24.61
- Average: $36.14
- Experienced: $74.53
Career Coach - find a job with this degree
CIS 127 - Introduction to Programming
NET 790 - PC Support I
CSC 121 - Operating Systems
NET 142 - Network Essentials
NET 313 - Windows Server
NET 418 - LINUX Administration
NET 343 - Windows Directory Services
NET 495 - Virtual Infrastructure
CIS 332 - Database and SQL
Total Semester Hours Required: 27.0
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills with systems and network.
- Construct a computer network.
- Design, create and maintain a relational database.
- Install PC systems.
- Effectively interact with users.
- Administer and maintain computer networks.
- Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database