- Documentation of Mandated COVID Vaccinations (or waiver) and (2) Two-Step Tuberculin Skin Tests*
- Criminal Background Check**
- Class Registration Form Completed/Payment
*(2) Two-Step Tuberculin Skin Tests must be completed within 12 months prior to the class start date (One week’s time is required between first and second skin tests.) Tests are preformed by the healthcare provider of your choice.
**Iowa Western will perform background and drug screening for anyone who wishes to register for the course
Self-Register below, or (712) 325-3255 or email: email@example.com
About the Program
This course is designed to educate and support the Direct Care Professional (DCP). Those individuals caring for people of all ages with health conditions, illness and disabilities within In-Home and Community-Based Living.
- Identify the Principles of In-Home and Community Based Living and explain their Value
- Discuss “Best Practice” in providing In-Home and Community Care
- Provide quality and stability for the Direct Care Workforce to better serve the needs and wants of those In-Home Living and Community-Based Living
- Behavioral Supports and Interventions/Documentation
- How Culture Impacts Person-centered Support
- Individualized Support Plans
- Infection Control, Emergency Planning, Diet and Financial needs and concerns to name a few
- Community Resources