Degree, Certificate or Diploma
Career Coach - find a job with this degree
PEH 142 - First Aid
ENG 105 - Composition I
PEH 102 - Health
PSY 111 - Introduction to Psychology
MAT 157 - Statistics
BIO 151 - Nutrition
BIO 157 - Human Biology
ENG 106 - Composition II
PSY 210 - Sport and Exercise Psychology
PEH 170 - Principles of Weight Training
PEC 230 - Introduction to Sports Medicine
BIO 168 - Human Anatomy and Physiology I
SPC 112 - Public Speaking
BIO 272 - Biomass to Bioenergy
PET 230 - Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries
BIO 173 - Human Anatomy and Physiology II
Total Semester Hours Required: 64.0
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy and how the body moves, based on the knowledge of muscles, bones, and tissues.
- Recognize harmful health practices and intervene to effect attitudinal behaviors.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to assess a possible injury in an emergency situation.
- Demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of weight training and physical fitness activities.
- Design an exercise and/or weight training program for an individual’s specific situations and goals.
- Because career opportunities associated with this degree are so varied, salaries vary considerably as well. To explore careers and gather specific salary information, we encourage you to visit the following website: IHaveaPlanIowa