High School Students
Be better prepared for life after high school and build real world experience in an industry you enjoy!
IWCC’s Intermediary Network connects students from school districts in Pottawattamie, Cass, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Page, and Shelby counties in SW Iowa with area business professionals who are interested in preparing our region’s future employees.
High School students can explore local careers and gain valuable experience by visiting an area business and learning directly from a professional
- Age Range
- 10-12th grade students
- Time Commitment
- Typically 1-4 hours
- Deadline Dates
- Fall 2022 Job Shadows: Applications are due October 7, 2022
- Spring 2023 Job Shadows: Applications are due February 10, 2023
- How do I apply for a Job Shadow?
- Read through the Job Shadow Checklist to understand all requirements and expectations of the job shadow.
- Complete a Job Shadow Application via the online database https://www.workplacelearningconnections.com/Default.aspx?wpn=IWCC
- Please note that some job shadow opportunities may only be available as a virtual option, dependent on business host. Additionally, some career areas may not be available due to COVID-19 business restrictions.