Make your business stronger and develop your employees by collaborating with Iowa Western’s training staff. Iowa Western will help develop customized instructional plans ensuring that your unique training needs can be met.
Iowa Western can assist in offering most training requests.
Frequent training areas:
- Management and Supervision
- Computer Skills
- Sales and Marketing
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Basic Skills
- Health & Safety
Iowa Western has developed short term non-credit certificates focused on advanced manufacturing skills. The Centers of Excellence for Advanced Manufacturing (CEAM) programs originated in Clarinda, and now is also offered in Harlan, IA and Council Bluffs, IA
Center of Excellence for Advanced Manufacturing – Clarinda
Center of Excellence for Advanced Manufacturing – Shelby
We can help you develop a registered apprenticeship or pre-apprenticeship program in any industry. registered apprenticeship combines on-the-job learning with classroom instruction. Apprenticeship programs are a proven mechanism for training employees and building and retaining a highly skilled workforce.
Benefits to Employers:
- Greater competence of employees—apprenticeship equals trained employees
- Reduced turnover rates—apprenticeship means fewer turnovers
- Greater employee retention—apprenticeship creates skilled & experienced employees for the long term
- Lower investment in recruitment—apprenticeship saves employers money
- Higher productivity and improved quality of products/services— apprenticeship ensures a high level of quality production
- Apprenticeship helps employers provide career opportunities with a more diverse workforce
- Apprenticeship helps employers plan for the future—and meet future workforce needs
If you are a business and want to explore developing an apprenticeship with Iowa Western, please contact us.
If you want to participate in an apprenticeship, you must be hired or sponsored by a company that participates in a registered apprenticeship.
Benefits to Apprentices/Employees:
- Nationally recognized and portable certificates
- Improved skills and competencies
- Increased wages as a result of mastered competencies
- Ability to advance in career
- Higher self-esteem based on enhanced skills and certifications
Contact us to see if Iowa Western can match you with an employer.
Contact us for more information • DEWD@iwcc.edu • 712-325-3376