Winterim 2023 is a three-week session comprised of classes that are offered completely online through Reiver Online Campus (ROC). The Winterim term will begin December 20, 2023, and will end January 3, 2024.
Winterim is a three-week accelerated term. Because Winterim classes occur in a condensed time frame, they are fast-paced. Students enrolled in a Winterim class are expected to log in and complete activities daily. Frequent participation in graded discussion forums, quizzes, and other assignments is required. With the exception of December 24th and 25th, regular attendance is recorded by the instructor. Public Speaking classes may have an additional audience and recording requirements for delivering speeches. Students interested in taking Public Speaking should contact the instructor for more information.
Are you a Visiting Student?
A visiting student is a student who is regularly enrolled at another college or university and plans to transfer IWCC courses back to that institution.
Following is a sample of courses that may be offered in the Winterim session:
- ART 101 Art Appreciation
- ART 184 Photography
- BIO 151 Nutrition
- CSC 116 Information Computing
- ECN 120 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ENG 105 Composition l
- ENG 106 Composition II
- ENV 111 Environmental Science
- GEO 121 World Regional Geography
- HIS 152 US History since 1877
- HUM 287 Leadership Development
- MGT 195 Workplace Empowerment
- MUS 204 History of Rock and Roll
- PEC 161 Sports Officiating
- PHI 101 Introduction to Philosophy
- POL 111 American National Government
- PSY 111 Introduction to Psychology
- PSY 121 Developmental Psychology
- SOC 110 Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 120 Marriage and Family
- SPC 112 Public Speaking
- SPC 122 Interpersonal Communication
Disclaimer: The transferability of credits you earn at Iowa Western Community College is at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. For this reason, you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending Iowa Western to determine if your credits will transfer.